Sunday, August 17, 2008

SNICKERS PIE

I apologize once again for a horrible picture. We had company for dinner and I can't spend very much time playing with angles and lighting when people are waiting to be served! LOL
This pie is really yummy, but also very rich. It's the kind that you cut in small pieces - LOL.
If you love Snickers, this will be a favorite of yours! Super easy to put together. I should have let mine chill a little longer, but everyone begged me to get it out and serve it! LOL That's why it looks a bit "soft" on the sides. This is definitely a keeper.

SNICKERS PIE

4 king size Snickers bars
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 Tblsp heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2
4 cups Cool Whip
1 deep dish (9") graham cracker pie crust
Additional whipped topping and chocolate syrup for garnish

In the top of a double boiler, melt together Snickers bars, peanut butter, and 1/2 & 1/2, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Fold in Cool whip and pour into crust. Freeze for 4 - 5 hours before serving. When ready to serve, top with additional Cool whip and drizzle with Hershey's chocolate syrup. Store in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this sounds so good! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I made this when my in laws were coming over for dinner, EVERYONE loved it! Including my three small children! It was SO incredibly easy to make, didn't take much time at all and turned out so wonderful! This is now a fav of my family!!! I'll surely make it again!!!