Sunday, March 1, 2009

TABLESCAPES - GREEN AND GOLD

I'm SO ready for Spring!! I just had to do a green table today, to remind me that the "official" start of Spring is only 20 days away! Yippee! But MI is known for it's snow and ice storms in late March and even April! Still, I had to hold myself back from digging out my Gerber daisy napkin rings! I thought purple and yellow flowers were rushing it just a tad. This is a simple tablescape, but hey, I'm a simple kind of woman! I think it looks clean and neat and I like things matching or at least blending. I'm not into all the mismatched shapes and designs (just yet anyway!)

If you have the extra cupboard space, and you ever find a "funky" colored set of goblets for sale somewhere (like Goodwill or a garage sale) you should totally get them! If you like doing tablescapes at all, you will love having colored goblets to pop out on the table, just for something different. I have a deep purple set and this green set and we use them quite often.
In a couple of weeks, we'll have fun doing a St Patrick's day table. I'll probably use this same linen set, but we'll jazz it up quite a bit with clovers and "green" food!

4 comments:

GraceFromHim said...

So pretty....Yes, I am ready for spring too, I can't wait!
Our weather here in the NW has been really strange.

Have a Great week!

bopeep said...

BEAUTIFUL :) and I am one more ready for spring.
I told my Daughter-in-Law to visit your blog since she is a Preacher's Wife.
Prayers, Bo

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Very pretty tablescape. I group of us do tablescapes every Thrusday. I love to get new ideas. Your blog is very nice.

Starr said...

Thanks for the nice comments ladies! And Terrie - thanks for letting me know about Tablescape Thursday! I'm so excited to get in on that.