Saturday, November 8, 2008

CREAMY CORN MUFFINS

I really love cornbread, but find the dry, gritty texture a bit distasteful. We recently had a chili cook off at our church and my daughter-in-law brought the most delicious corn muffins! They were so moist and flavorful. I made white chili tonight and was just itching to whip up a batch of these muffins to go with it! Soooo yummy!

CREAMY CORN MUFFINS

1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar, OR pepper jack (your choice)
1/2 of a 4 oz can of chopped green chiles OR 1/4 cup of canned sliced jalapeno, drained (your choice)

*The Pepperjack cheese and the jalapenos would give the muffins a bit more "kick." So if you like heat - go for it!

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Fill muffin cups 1/2 way and bake for 15 minutes or until they spring back when lightly touched with finger. Let cool for 5 minutes. Loosen edges with butter knife to pop out of muffin tin.
Yield: 8 muffins

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I have those muffins in the oven now. I can't wait to try them. I'll come back and let you know!

Nikki said...

I'm back. LOL I should have just posted one time. HEHE

Those are the BESTEST corn muffins EVER. I will ALWAYS add cheese, sour cream and chilis to my corn muffins or cornbread. It was so fluffy and moist. YAY for Monica!!!

Starr said...

LOL Nikki! I'm so glad you liked them. We all loved them too. I'll be sure to let Monica know you gave them 2 thumbs up!