Wednesday, December 17, 2008

PUPPY CHOW

Now here's a classic that's been around for a very long time. It's super easy, and what a fun little treat to bag up in cute little snowman bags and stick in your Christmas goody boxes! I usually have to make 2 batches of this when I mix it up - one for home and one for giving! It disappears fast - especially when the gang's all here!

PUPPY CHOW

9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups powdered sugar

Directions
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

4 comments:

Cathryn said...

I haven't had this in years but it is oh-so-yummy. When I was much younger, a young mother in my church called it "garbage" - she actually make a bunch in a garbage bag. I like the concept of Puppy Chow so much the more. Blessings ~ Cathryn

TO BECOME said...

I have had their recipe for a very long time and have never made it. I guess I should give it a try. Also the one below it. That look like fun. Thanks , wishing you all a very Merry Christmas. connie from texas

Jane said...

Oooo...I love puppy chow....I didn't make it this year for Open House....."Note to self..make puppy chow next year"

Unknown said...

This stuff is SO delicious! I wish they had Chex cereal at the store here.