Wednesday, March 20, 2013

FRIED CABBAGE W/ BACON

For years, when my children were growing up, every St. Patrick's day I would color as much of our food green as I could! My kids are all grown now and have families of their own. So this year, I decided to go a little more old world, authentic and make corned beef & cabbage for dinner. This fried cabbage was a huge hit with everyone! Go figure. It goes together in a snap. I will be making this again and again.

FRIED CABBAGE W/ BACON

1 large head of cabbage, cored and sliced into thin strips
1 pound of bacon, diced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
 
In a large frying skillet, fry diced bacon until crisp. I use kitchen shears to cut my bacon up over the hot skillet. Leave bacon and bacon fat in skillet. Add in the cabbage, salt & pepper. Stir until the cabbage starts to cook down a bit. Cook until desired tenderness. Some people like it completely cooked down, others like it tender-crisp. I prefer it cooked down. Serve with your favorite entree.
ENJOY! 

No comments: