Tuesday, January 13, 2009

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

THANK YOU to my friend Nikki for this one. She gave it to me a LONG time ago. The original recipe calls for full fat peanut butter and real sugar, but I've been meaning to try them, using Splenda. I tried it tonight and they are delish! I also used reduced fat peanut butter in these, and you can't tell the difference! If losing weight is no concern of yours, then I've included the regular recipe at the end of this post.

3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup Splenda (bulk)
1 cup reduced fat peanut butter
1 egg

Combine ingredients in bowl, beat with mixer until combined. Using a cookie scoop, form dough into balls and place on baking stone. Flatten with fork. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
Makes about 16 cookies

WW points value: 2 pts

*For those that aren't doing WW and would like the regular recipe:
1 cup white sugar

1 cup peanut butter
1 egg

Mixing directions: Same as above.


4 comments:

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

I make this recipe all the time for church functions/banquets! Maybe I should try it with Splenda. I am battling gestational diabetes at the moment so I can't do "real" sugar :(.

When I make them I add a Resee's cup on top or a Hershey's kiss and let it melt right when I take them out of the oven.....Not that you wanted to know that ;) it's absolutely not WW :D

Have a great day
~Amy

Starr said...

LOL Amy! Yeah, I don't think the candy added to the top would make them very WW friendly! They do sound tempting and yummy though! Maybe some skinny minny that doesn't have to worry about weight, will use your idea though! haha

Clare said...

Ohh I am going to give this a try, I am doing slimming world so will work out the synergy value sounds scrummy.

Kathie said...

Great recipe! I made the mistake of using crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy, so mine were really crumbly. They were so delicious though!

~Kathie