Tuesday, January 27, 2009

UNFRIED CHICKEN

This is the best "unfried" chicken you will ever have. The coating also works well on skinless, boneless chicken tenders to make into chicken fingers for the kids. You could serve that with honey mustard dipping sauce (I'll add a yummy recipe for that at the end of the chicken recipe). This particular chicken went really well with steamed white rice and the roasted veggies that we had for dinner tonight. My daughter Sarah cooked dinner tonight and surprised us with this meal. It was delicious! The black specks on the chicken is fresh ground black pepper. I sprinkled it on just before I dug in. Mmm!

UNFRIED CHICKEN

1/4 cup Fat free mayo
1 t. dijon mustard
2 t. grated lemon zest
1/2 t salt
4 drops hot pepper sauce (more or less to taste)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 c. cornflakes, crushed

* Preheat oven to 375. Spray a large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
*whisk together mayo, mustard, lemon zest, salt and hot pepper sauce in a bowl. add chicken, toss to coat.
*Place cornflake crumbs in a large zip-close plastic bag. add chicken, one piece at a time and toss to coat.
*place chicken in the baking pan, drizzle lightly w/ olive oil.
*Bake until golden brown and cooked through - about 30 minutes.

Number of Servings: 4

WW points value: 3 pts

HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoon honey
  • 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice or juice from 1/2 lemon
  • 1 dash paprika
  • 2 tablespoon orange juice (more or less as needed)


Combine all ingredients except orange juice; stir well. Thin to pouring consistency for dressing or dipping consistency for dips with orange juice. Cover and chill for 2 or 3 hours.


4 comments:

Susan said...

Great! I love main dishes that are low points!

The Herd said...

Looks yummy! I came over from Portugal Bound blog...I am in Russia and I love to cook!! When I cook these days, I am cooking for nine! I love new recipes! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I know it wouldn't usually be an issue, but do you have an estimate of how long the Honey Mustard Sauce would be good if kept in the refrigerator?

Starr said...

Hi friend - I'm sorry I didn't see your comment from so long ago. Mayo and mustard will keep a very long time in the fridge and honey has a lengthy shelf life as well. But because of the lemon & orange juice in the dipping sauce, I wouldn't keep it in the fridge any longer than a week or two.
Enjoy!