Sunday, September 14, 2008

LEMON BARS

I know this probably seems like a weird thing to bake on a rainy, September afternoon. But with the recent change in the weather (chilly and RAINY) I have had such a hankering to do some baking! But I'm trying to drop a few pounds, so baking for us here at home is not a good idea right now! LOL I found my outlet though - the college kids! They come home on the weekends and then leave to go back to school, after Sunday night service. Now I can bake my head off during the week and send it all with them! WOOHOO! I know you'd think I'd be baking chocolate chip cookies or brownies or some pumpkin dessert. I'm weird though. I just couldn't get lemon bars off my mind today! I think I'm going to be the college kids' new favorite person! *hehe* Plus, whenever my daughter Sarah goes back on Sunday night, the other dorm students ask her what goodies she brought back from her Mom. haha

LEMON BARS
  • 2 sticks (8 ounces) butter
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 4 beaten eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons flour
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
  • sifted confectioners' sugar

Preparation:

Heat oven to 325°. Blend butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Pat into ungreased 13x9x2-inch pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. For filling, blend together eggs, sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Pour over first layer. Return to oven and bake at 325° for 20 minutes. Loosen around edges, cut into bars and sift confectioners' sugar over the top while warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! I'll have to try these. Thanks.