Monday, July 14, 2008

FUDGE BROWNIE TRIFLE

Don't you just love the look of a pretty trifle? This one is compliments of my sister-in-law, Julie. We were there (Northern MI), last week for my brother-in-law's annual tent meeting. My Honey and his brothers (Tharp Brothers) all sing and preach and they were invited to do that last week. It was a mini family reunion, as 2 of their 3 sisters were there also. Anyway, I watched very intently, with camera in hand, as Julie put this together! I asked her if I could post her recipe and she graciously agreed. So THANKS Julie!

Double Chocolate Toffee Trifle
1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) brownie mix - prepared according to pkg directions.
2 c. Frozen whipped topping, thawed ( I use a bit more)
2 c. White chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
3 toffee bars (1.5 oz each-such as heath bars)
Make brownie mix according to the package. Cool completely. In mixing bowl whisk milk and pudding mix until mixture thickens. Fold in whipped topping. ( I save some whipped topping for the last layer for garnish) Cut brownies in 1" cubes. Chop toffee bars with a food chopper. Layer 1/3 of brownie cubes into bottom of trifle bowl. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture. Top with 1/3 of chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times. Chill 30 min. Before serving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi starr,
any chance of getting this recipe posted? i keep checking back in hopes it's there:) you do a great job on your blog, i enjoy reading it, and trying some of the recipes when i remember to try something new. hoping to hear back soon. diane porter