Tuesday, July 1, 2008

PORK CHOPS AND DRESSING

I wasn't going to post this recipe, but my Honey told me I should. At first I thought, it's too Kindergarten"ish," everybody has probably either had it, or made it themselves. This was one of his favorite dishes as a kid. His Momma made it quite often, so it is kind of special to him. It is one of those classic, 1970's, quick fix meals that Moms with lots of kids, just relished in.
Plus when I did my grocery shopping this week, I found a package of assorted chops on sale for $1.29 / lb. *hehe* So I may create a menu in my head for the week, but that can quickly change when I get to the store and see what meat is on sale or even better, CLEARANCE! We don't eat a lot of pork, but I just can't pass up a good sale.

PORK CHOPS AND DRESSING

1 package pork chops or pork steak, whichever you prefer
2 eggs, beaten with a little water
Flour seasoned with Lawry's and garlic powder
Corn flake crumbs
1 package Stove top dressing (your favorite kind), prepared according to package directions

Preheat oven to 375. In a medium pan, prepare stove top dressing according to package directions. Cover and set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle with olive oil. Dip chops into seasoned flour, then in egg wash, then in corn flake crumbs. Place in hot skillet and cook until golden brown on each side (4 - 5 min each side). Remove skillet from heat. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Place half of pork chops in bottom of pan, pour dressing over top, then place remaining half of chops on top. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 20 to 30 minutes.

No comments: