Thursday, July 31, 2008

OVEN FRIED POTATOES

Do you own any Pampered Chef stones? I have several, and let me tell you, they make the best oven fried foods! Even these simple oven fried potatoes, that we made tonight, turned out so delicious. I guess you could call them "roasted" potatoes too. I'll roast just about any veggie I can get my hands on. We LOVE them prepared that way more than any other. I fixed my Steak and Onion Hoagies tonight for dinner and these potatoes went really well with them.

OVEN FRIED POTATOES

4 small potatoes, sliced relatively thin
olive oil or butter (your choice)
1 clove garlic, minced
Sea Salt or Kosher salt
McCormick Grinders - Italian herb seasoning
Parmesan cheese

Slice potatoes and lay them on your Pampered chef stone. Drizzle either lightly with olive oil or if you prefer butter, dot here and there with butter pats. Sprinkle with minced garlic, Sea salt, McCormick's grinder Italian herb seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes, or until fork tender and lightly browned.

*NOTE* Do you own and use any Pampered Chef stones? If so, which ones do you own, and what do you use them for the most?

I have the cookie sheet, the 9 x 13 baking pan, the pizza stone, the deep dish pie baker and a large round bowl.
I use the cookie sheet the most for baking and roasting food items. The baking pan I use for cakes and roasting chicken or other cuts of meat. The pizza pan gets used for any type of bread item, roll or cookies.

10 comments:

Leah said...

Oh Starr, I JUST LOVE my PC stuff, I have the 9 x 13, the rectangle stone, the large bar pan, an 8 x 8 in cranberry glaze, and on oval baker in cranberry. I also have a loaf pan! I have lots of gadgets too! Today I'm doing brunch and I'm making a bagel bake in the 9 x 13 and making roasted red potatoes on the large bar pan. It's 11 x 15 or 11 x 17. I promise to come back and post the bagel bake recipe because hands down, it's my favorite breakfast casserole.

Leah said...

Oops! I forgot, I also have the PC deep pie dish and my favorite has got to be my bundt pan. I guess it's my hobby kind of like a scrap booker, I guess I'm a PC junkie! :) Oh well, we all have our vices.

Starr said...

LOL Leah - You knew what I was thinking! I can hardly wait to read your recipe for the Bagel bake! My daughters and I are so hooked on the "Everything" bagels. Did you used to be a PC consultant?

Anonymous said...

I've made these potatoes by just slicing them in half and putting them in the pan cut side down. Kinda like a half baked potato. These were my daddy's favorite potatoes. I made them at my mil's a few weeks ago, and fil said for her to never make baked potaoes any other way again. LOL

As for the PC stones....I don't have any. I used to have a small round one that I used for french fries and nuggets in the oven, but it broke and I never did get another one.

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Your posts make my mouth water every time!! Can I use my Pampered Chef Pizza stone to bake these potatoes on? It's been stored away for a long time but it sounds like I need to get it out and use it!

Marilyn in MS

Starr said...

I would highly recommend a stone for these Marilyn! I used the large bar pan to roast mine and it worked fine.

Leah said...

Bagel Bake

3 plain, unsliced bagels
1/2 lb cooked, crumbled bacon
1 c sharp cheedar cheese
12 eggs
2 c milk
1 tsp pepper
3 green onions, chopped
3-4 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

slice each bagel into four pieces (this is why I use unsliced bagels, much easier that presliced)place 6 bagel slices in the bottom of a lighly greased 9 x 13 pan, top with bacon and cheese. Top with the other six bagel slices. In a large bowl beat the eggs with the milk and stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over bagels layers, cover and refridgerate over night. In the morning preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 35-40 min or until eggs are set.

*what I love about this recipe is that you can use any flavor bagels and any cheese/meat you want. You could add more sauteed veggies to the middle layer. yesterday I had chopped deli ham and colby cheese. a favorite at our house is bacon, jalapeno bagels and pepperjack cheese. if you like cilantro, you could throw a little in. Oh the possibilities are endless. I dare you to try it with the everything bagels......hehe Love you! have a great Saturday.

Leah said...

PS ~ I've never been a PC consultant. I used to host a party every year, so most of my stuff was deeply discounted!

Starr said...

Sounds REALLY yummy Leah. I think I would like that better than using just sliced bread, cubed up (which is how I usually make that dish).
I AM going to try it, using the everything bagel and see how it turns out!

coffeebeanqueen said...

I am a huge fan of PC! I am so hooked on the stoneware. I own the fluted pan, (I bought this to make the microwave chocolate velvet cake w/ strawberries, yum), the large bar pan and the old baker that consists of the rectangular lid/bowl and the 9 X 13 baker, and 2 large round stones. I use the large bar pan for cookies, baked veggies, and pizza. The round stones I use for cookies, sandwich rings/wreaths, veggie pizzas, and Friday night family pizza nights. The baker makes wonderful roasts, and you can't beat the clay baker for roasted chicken! Right now I am using it for meatloaf with roasted potatoes, onions, and carrots, and it smells delicious! I am building my collection slowly, and I think my next acquisition will be the mini loaf pan for making Christmas breads.