Friday, July 4, 2008

What's your favorite?

What's your favorite type of skillet to cook in? Is it heavy duty aluminum, nonstick, cast iron, porcelain coated cast iron? I don't even know what all the types of skillets are, out there.

I would have to say mine is my trusty iron skillet. My Honey bought me 2 or 3 on ebay several years ago. I use them all the time, especially the large one. You just can't go wrong with it. It cooks nice and even and makes the BEST batch of fried chicken you'll ever sink your chompers into! Works tremendous for making a mess of fajitas too! It served me well the other night too, when our power went out and I had to cook dinner on the gas grill outside. I put my potatoes and onions in it and set it directly on the grill grate. Worked like a charm. The thing is virtually indestructible!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my cast iron skillet for all the reasons that you mentioned, PLUS......that's what I make homemade pizza in. Mmmm... What I really want is one of those giant ones in the sporting goods dept. at Wal-Mart. But, they are like $30+
But, I also like my teflon skillet. It's bigger than my cast iron one, and is also great for fried eggs.

Starr said...

What a cool idea Sara! I've never thought to bake homemade pizza in it! I'm going to try that next time we have it! I always use my PC stones for pizza.

Anonymous said...

Let me know how it turns out!

Terri said...

I meant to comment on this before! I love my cast iron skillet. I have a stainless one and a Pampered Chef teflon one, but I always to to my cast iron. I've had it for almost 20 years.

For Christmas, I got a cast iron griddle/grill that goes across two of the burners on my stove! Love it!

Starr said...

Oh Terri - I would LOVE to get one of those big cast iron griddles, the ones with the ridges in them. I should check ebay. LOL

April Jo said...

working at a tea room for a while, I became partial to Wolfgang Puck cookware~stainless steel. Besides that-good ole cast iron!