Monday, July 14, 2008

RICE KRISPIE ICE CREAM DESSERT

FINALLY! Here it is Mike! ROFLOL Amy's husband has been waiting VERY patiently for this one. I made it for a fellowship last night and came home with an empty pan. THAT'S a sign of a good recipe! This is one of my signature desserts. I can't believe I'm sharing it! LOL
I've made it so many times, I could do it with my eyes closed. You have GOT to try this one! You won't believe how good rice krispies can taste with ice cream! There not just for breakfast anymore! Just so you know, you probably need to walk an extra mile on the treadmill if you plan on indulging on more than one piece of this!

RICE KRISPIE ICE CREAM DESSERT

6 cups rice krispies
1 cup chopped pecans
1 stick butter
1/2 to 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1 gallon ice cream
1 jar caramel ice cream topping

Remove ice cream from freezer 10 minutes before starting, to let it soften a bit. In a large skillet, over med heat, melt the butter. Add the rice krispies and the pecans and stir until the butter is evenly distributed throughout, and the cereal and pecans are lightly toasted. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the brown sugar. Stir until the sugar is well combined with the cereal and pecans. In bottom of large baking pan (I like to use a lasagna pan) evenly sprinkle half of the cereal mixture. Spoon the softened ice cream carefully on top. Once you have all of the ice cream on top of the mixture, you can press it down to seal the edges and any empty spaces. Now sprinkle the remaining half of the cereal mixture over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until firm. Just before you serve it, warm your caramel topping in the microwave and drizzle it generously over the top of the ice cream.
*NOTE* You need to use good quality ice cream for this dessert. NOT the stuff in the plastic pails. That "stuff" just doesn't melt right and gives it a funny taste. I like to use Hudsonville, but have also used Bryers, when I can find it on sale.

1 comment:

Grace said...

That looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I can hardly wait to try it.