Wednesday, June 4, 2008

GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY



We've all heard of Elvis' Peanut Butter, Jelly and Banana sandwich, and that one's a real favorite of mine, especially when it's on toast. I also like peanut butter toast with honey and banana slices on it! Mmm! My Honey loves peanut butter, jelly and Miracle whip sandwiches! Blech! My brother-in-law used to eat peanut butter and ONION sandwiches! Double Blech!The variations of Peanut butter and .... sandwiches are endless. And I confess this one isn't rocket science. But more times than not when I mention this sandwich to people, they look at me like I'm crazy. It's so simple, but so yummy. We went to visit my sister in law and her family in Brazil a few years ago and we told them about it, and it became one of their favorites as well. It makes a quick Sunday night snack. When you want something other than popcorn! LOL Make sure you have a tall, cold glass of milk standing by!

What's YOUR favorite peanut butter sandwich combo? I'd love to hear them all. Send me a comment telling me your favorite.

GRILLED PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY

2 slices of bread - I like Cracked wheat
JIF Peanut butter
Welch's grape jelly
Softened butter

Slather one slice of the bread with JIF peanut butter and the other with grape jelly. Put the two slices together to make your PB & J sandwich. Heat a griddle to med - high on the stove. Butter one side of your sandwich liberally and place it butter side down on the griddle. Now butter the other side that is facing up. Cook it just like you would a grilled cheese - until it is a nice golden brown. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk.

2 comments:

Mrs.Mike said...

LOL!! I'm such a retard, Starr!! I've made this tons of times - it is one of my favorite snacks, but I never told anyone cause I figured they'd think I'm crazy. I always make such a mess though, trying to put peanut butter on one side of the bread, then turning it over and buttering the other side. I get butter/peanut butter/jelly all over myself - lol! I never thought of putting the sandwich together FIRST, then buttering, etc, etc. DUH!!!! Oh well...now I know for next time!

Sally said...

My dad has eaten grilled peanut butter and Miracle Whip every week for some seventy years. (It's not as bad as it sounds -- actually it's quite good!) :o) Just slather MW on one side, PB on the other, and grill buttered. (I can't help thinking this must be about an 800 calorie snack?)