Friday, June 20, 2008

What's your favorite?

What is your favorite kitchen utensil? The thing you absolutely cannot do without.

Leave me a note and let me know, I'd be interested to read what you all have to say.

For me, it is a whisk that my mother in law gave me at my wedding shower (27 years ago) and yes, I still have it. I've never seen another one like it, since. I love it, it makes THEE best gravy! I like it because it gets to the edge of the pan, unlike a regular egg whisk. Works great for pudding and other fillings too.

9 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

I love my mom's cast iron skillet and kettle she gave me. I've spent a lot of time with them over the years, and we know each other well. She gave them to me because she's got one of those flat surface stoves, and the pan is a little warped, so it doesn't work well on her stove top.

Nikki said...

I LOVE my stones and batter bowls from Pampered Chef!!!

Julie's Jottings said...

I love my stones from Pampered Chef, and My cast Iron skillet I bought at Cracker Barrel 14 years ago!Oh, and my bamboo spoons, also from Pampered Chef!

Terri said...

I'd have to say my favorite tool is my cast iron skillet. We've been together for more than 20 years and it has served me well as long as I treat it to an occasionally oiling. I also love my medium bar pan stone from Pampered Chef. Finally, I could not part with my good utility knife.

Tami said...

Oh, mine is definitely my whisk!! I have 3 different ones and each one is used for certain dishes. I would choose my whisk over an electric mixer any day of the week!!!

Anonymous said...

I love my knives and don't know what I would do without them.☺

Anonymous said...

Recently I've been reaching for my rubber spoon spatulas all the time. I love them! And I use my Pampered Chef bar pans non-stop too.

Starr said...

I've been using my rubber spoon spatulas a lot too, lately! I'm really starting to like that thing!

Anonymous said...

I also love my cast iron skillet and use it all the time. But the most valuable tool in my kitchen is my food chopper. I use it almost everyday!