Tuesday, June 10, 2008

LEMONADE PIE

Somebody sent this recipe to me over my email last week. I was so excited to get it, because tonight is our ladies monthly Phebe Fellowship meeting. The theme is "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Of course, everything revolves around lemons and the color yellow. I knew as soon as I got this, that I'd be making it to take to the meeting. I've never had it before, but it is SO easy to make. I'm a HUGE fan of easy! As a matter of fact, I didn't make the homemade crust, I cheated and bought the shortbread crust already made. Hey! Sandra Lee says that is OK. LOL This pie is so refreshing! I LOVE it! My Honey, who isn't fond of lemon desserts just raved about it - and that was just licking the remnants out of the bowl! LOL Just wait until he finds out the 2nd one I made is an extra one for home! Next time I make this, I will freeze it for a while before I serve it too.

LEMONADE PIE


Graham Cracker Crust:

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
7 Tblsp melted butter
(a store bought graham cracker pie crust may be substituted)

Lemonade filling:

1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk

1 (12 oz) container Cool Whip
1 (6 oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed

Preheat oven to 350.

In medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes and let cool completely.

In a medium bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk and the Cool whip and fold gently. Add the thawed, frozen lemonade and continue to gently fold. Pour mixture into the pie crust and
refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments: