Saturday, June 7, 2008

MONSTER COOKIES


My grandson loves to help make these cookies! What kid wouldn't? There are M & M's, chocolate chips and raisins to nibble on while you're mixing them up! I remember as a little girl, my Grandpa loved to bake cookies and he always made a "giant" cookie just for me. So I continue that tradition now with my grandson. He was thrilled with his giant cookie this morning. Seriously though, these cookies are real keepers! My girls love coming home from college, to a batch of these, wrapped up and sitting in the basket, on the island in my kitchen.

MONSTER COOKIES

3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup M & M's
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, wrap each cookie individually in saran wrap.

No comments: