Monday, June 16, 2008

KITCHEN MUST HAVES

You know there are just some things a cook shouldn't be without in their kitchen. This is one of them! Heavy duty, half sheet, baking pans. I have 4 of them and they get used almost every day. And since I am the Summer camp cook for our church and I also cater, these accompany me whenever I cook outside my home. I purchased mine at GFS. They have the rolled edge and are an inch deep. I use mine for:

Texas sheet cake
biscuits
cinnamon rolls
yeast rolls
cookies
large batches of brownies
any kind of dessert bars
cheesecake
various baked chicken dishes
Enchiladas
to pre-bake ribs for grilling
roasted veggies
to toast nuts or coconut in the oven

I also use them to keep pancakes and French toast warm in the oven, when I'm cooking for a crowd. I'm sure I've used it for FAR more. But the point is, this is one of my personal "Kitchen must haves."

3 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

I just surfed in after searching for tablescapes.

I agree that these 1/2 sheet pans are wonderful. My Mother-in-law gave them to me for a gift about 18 years ago. She got them from GFS, too.I don't know how I ever cooked without them!

I am enjoying your blog very much.
I know it takes a lot of time to post recipes and I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your favorites with us.

Starr said...

Hi Zoey - Thanks for stopping by! I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but it wouldn't let me. I wanted to let you know I LOVED your Farm table with the chickens & the Bandanas for napkins! Super cute!

coffeebeanqueen said...

You are so right about these pans! I can't believe how nice they are for not a lot of money! No kitchen should be without these. I liked mine so much and use them so much that I am getting my friend a couple for a housewarming gift!